Thursday, June 27, 2013

Life Goes on and Old Routines Return



As this brief background has been laid out, I started to learn more about nutrition and how to eat better.  A little bit of different reading material now.  As the inflammation decreased, the pain decreased, my hands and feet returned to normal, and life moved on.  I wasn’t on any type of medication except for an occasional Advil.  All is good…hmmm.

Isn’t it interesting how quickly we can get back into our old patterns?  Other than I was doing a better job with our family nutrition, I was still working full time, the kids were growing up, they were involved in competitive sports now, and we had farm animals.  I mean big farm animals: pigs, lambs, dairy heifers and calves, and then goats.  That meant we were full into county fairs, state fairs, and everything it takes to get the animals ready for that time.  LOVED IT!!!  It was a way our family spent time together.  We worked together, we fed the animals together, we shared so many experiences which have given our kids life skills and memories that will last a life time.  Oh yes, and there was also football, basketball for both kids, and volleyball - practices and games.  Did I mention the fact that my husband’s job was on the business side of athletics?  That meant he had football, basketball (men and women), and volleyball games too.  Often times the games, bowl games etc. etc. were family affairs although the kids and I got to play while my husband had to work.   

You can guess, however,…the focus once again became what everyone else needed, and I began to slip into some of the old routines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment